11.14.2007

I'm a little sad...

Things have been going great for me lately! I was able to get all the classes I wanted, which means no Friday classes again! And I finally get to sleep in on Monday's which is lovely because who doesn't like to sleep in late on Monday mornings? I'm spoiled...

I have an RCC event coming up on Monday that I am excited about. I haven't yet hung up signs for it but I'll work on that tonight and hopefully have them hung up by Friday.

All the Ambassadors got together for a dinner party Sunday night and it was a really good time. Our wonderful hostess, Lauren, made some fantastic food such as mozzarella sticks, baked ziti, and chile. Zack, Whitney, and I engaged ourselves in a Guess Who tournament, and then Zack and I decided to play Clue which was one of my favorite games from when I was a child. It was really nice to be able to see everyone outside the office in a relaxed environment, and I would definitely get together with them another time soon!

Most of the ambassadors are participating in College Week Live, where we enter a chat room and answer questions interested students may have about Suffolk. Unfortunately, while I have been in the chat, there haven't been too many students, but other ambassadors have told me they have had more luck later during the day.

So now I'm going to talk about why my blog title says I'm a little sad. When I was younger, my dad used to take me to a place called Mystic Carousel and Fun Center. They had tons of arcade games, and to me it was heaven to save up my tickets for those big prizes they used to have. I hold so many memories of that place through all the times it had changed around, and through all the people I know who used to work there. A laser tag facility moved into a section of that location, when the arcade downsized, and I worked for that company for about 2 years. Our location in Mystic was the best one, and the staff was even better. We moved out of the building because it was getting old, and we were told it would be knocked down to become a hotel; that was over a year ago. My sister sent me a text message today and told me they had finally knocked the building down. I'm heartbroken.

On another note, Open House is Saturday which should be a huge success. Drew and I have been asked to speak at the event and I am pretty excited about it, but I'm not excited about having to be at work at 8 am. My dad is also coming up this weekend! I haven't seen him in a while, I miss him!

2 comments:

Sue at Suffolk said...

Sorry to hear about the demise of your Fun Center memory building.
Looking forward to post (and pics?) of the Suffolk Open House.

WhitneySU said...

Your speech was lovely, my darling : )