11.27.2007

Thanksgiving and such.

It's been a while since my last post, but at least this time I will have plenty to talk about!

My RCC event was a success, everyone came down and decorated cupcakes. We had about 100 that were gone in 20 minutes. Fortunately I was able to snag two before everyone else grabbed them and I decorated one for my roommate since she wasn't around to join in on the festivities. Kevin Thompson, the advisor for RCC and the Assistant Resident Director in the Miller Hall dorm took a few pictures, I'll see if I can get those from him and post them up.

Open House went really well but it was certainly a hectic day. All of the speeches were fantastic during the three openings that we had. All the Ambassadors did a little bit of everything from setting up and decorating the Ridgeway Gym to directing families to Donahue and giving tours. Most of us only gave one tour throughout the day, and my tour had about 50 or so people on it, it was a lot of fun! Fitting into 3 elevators was also a challenge but everyone was wicked nice so it worked out.

After Open House I spent some time with my dad and we went out to dinner and did some shopping but I have tons more Christmas shopping to do before I move home for the winter break.

I went home for Thanksgiving and I didn't think it was possible to be so excited about food, but I definitely was. I worked every day, at the hotel in my town, except for Thanksgiving so unfortunately, I never had the chance to sleep in past 8, but I did make some more money for Disney and Christmas presents so it was worth it.

So now that I'm back, it's time to get back into gear for the last two weeks of the semester. I had to give a presentation in my Entrepreneurship class on Monday about a business a team member and I had interviewed. I have a few more smaller projects popping up here and there before the semester ends, but my main concern right now is trying to do well on my finals...Accounting is not a good friend of mine.

And on a side note, I decorated my dorm room for Christmas with some colored lights and snowflakes. It looks lovely when the flourescent lights are off and just the christmas lights are on :)

0 comments: