10.30.2007

Red Sox Parade!

So the Red Sox have won the World Series again and it is amazing to be in Boston while they are champions. When I came on my tour to Suffolk, there was a picture in the view book of the parade from 2004 and I remember thinking I would love to witness the parade again while I was in school. Well, my wish has come true!

As expected, there weren't too many students in class today because everyone was starting to stand in line to see the parade. My roommate and I walked down the hill and joined the growing crowd on the corner of Beacon and Tremont. The parade started at 12 noon at Fenway, and since we were towards the end of the parade route, the duck boats reached us around 1:15 or so.

It was unbelievable to see so many people lined up on the streets of Boston to support the team. After the parade was over, my roommate and I tried to make our way to City Hall to see if we could get any closer to the players, but with thousands of people around, it simply didn't happen. However, I was able to take some pretty good pictures of the players, so enjoy!






1 comments:

Sue at Suffolk said...

Hi Kristin!
It was an awesome rolling rally for the Red Sox. I'm so glad you were able to snap some pix to share on your Suffolk blog. Thanks!