10.31.2007

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone!

After my post yesterday a few of the Ambassadors and I went to a fundraiser put on by a group on campus called Up 'Til Dawn. This group primarily works with St. Jude's Children's Hospital and the fundraiser was a way to inform more individuals about the hospital, and the St. Jude's fund.

When we got to the fundraiser, we had to sign in, obtain pre-written letters, and then we had to mail them out to people we knew. Up 'Til Dawn had some great prizes available including a new iPod touch, which you had to send 50+ letters to be in the running to win, a Bruins package, gift certificates and more. Unfortunately, my plans to go to this event were extremely last minute so I only sent out 8 letters to my family.

There was a dj, and tons of pizza, salad and cookies for us hungry college student to chow down on, so not only did I feel good about trying to help out a fantastic fund, but I also got fed and didn't have to spend any of my own money, so I'm not complaining!

Tomorrow I have a meeting for Resident Community Council which I'm pretty excited about because we get to move on with planning some events for the rest of the year; I'll be sure to keep you updated on what great things are in store!

I'm also planning on changing my layout in the next few days...some of the ambassadors think it's too depressing, but it is Halloween after all!

0 comments: