12.12.2008

Last Blog of 2008!

I've been done with exams since Monday, since I only had 1 at night, so I've been working in the Admissions Office all week. You may be wondering why I didn't just go home on Tuesday and I have a few reasons:
1. It's the first year I haven't had to leave the dorms after finals, so I wanted to enjoy the city a bit longer.
2. The hotel at home is really slow, so why go home and sit there when I can work here?
3. My roomie had a tough week of projects, so I stayed there to lend some emotional support (aka I baked cookies)

We have a lovely Christmas tree in the apartment that I brought from home. It's a fake tree and it took me about 2 hours to put together which I guess is good for an 8' tree that I've only dealt with once before. Our apartment is totally decked out for Christmas and I'm so excited about it! We even have fake snow sprinkled across our windowsills. :-)

Two of my grades have come in and they're looking good so far. I have an A in my Organizational Behavior class and a B in my International Management class. I'm worried about Macroeconomics because I'm positive I failed the exam. The professor told us it would be cumulative and it wasn't; it was all things we had done most recently, the hardest stuff, the stuff I could never quite grasp. Great.

Everyone else in the exam seemed to have a tough time as well. For a 1 hr 50 minute exam, no more than 6 people had finished after an hour and a half; the exam was 28 questions.

And on that sour note, I'm leaving the Admissions office to travel to CT for a birthday dinner for my grandfather tonight, getting a Christmas tree with the family tomorrow and I have to help my sister with a pageant Sunday. I'll be back to Boston on Monday to go back to work and tour it up!

Have a Happy Christmas everyone!
And a wonderful New Year!

0 comments: