10.10.2008

I Need a Nap

I think I sat staring at the computer screen for a solid minute before I even began typing; yeah I'm that tired. I tend to wake up a lot during the night, last night especially. The walls in my apartment have proven to be impossible when it comes to putting tacks or nails in them, so instead all my stuff is being held up by those sticky squares that are supposed to be heavy duty...yeah not. At about 430 this morning I woke up because one of my picture collages fell down which of course resulted in a loud crash. Then at 815 someone below me was playing music and it was unusually loud outside; my life is not fair.

I have this huge 45 minute presentation due for one of my classes in less than a month, and my group is getting together for the first time today. One of the members can't meet, so it will be 3 of us, or maybe I should say just me because one girl is constantly on her phone, and one guy just doesn't say much of anything. I've never been the type of person to jump into being a group leader, but I guess I'll just have to be this time. We need a final outline done by the 20th, and I'm thinking about starting it before I head down to meet them just so I don't have to painfully sit there with them and end up doing it all myself anyway.

Has anyone else ever had this sort of situation before? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I already told my professor about my concerns weeks ago but she did nothing to help me. I never felt more frustrated than when we had to do a negotiation exercise and (with one missing group member) the other two left me hanging to do it all myself, and I wasn't sure if I was doing it right. Even when I tried to get them involved by turning to one of them and saying "why don't you take this?" they looked at me like I had 3 heads and never really did what I asked them to do.

Other than my deep concern for failing this presentation, things are going well. My roommate turned 21 two days ago, and I baked her cupcakes and decorated the apartment, and we're going to have a get-together next weekend with some of our close friends. I ordered groceries last night through PeaPod and I'll get those delivered tomorrow, so I'll finally have food to eat! yay!
It's also a long weekend which is exciting, but I still have homework to do and I have to work for Admissions on Monday giving tours, but there's a great group of us working together so it'll be a lot of fun.

My mom's coming to visit on Sunday, so that means free food and other various goodies! I'm seeing Coldplay with my roommate on the 29th, I think I'm going to Six Flags for free (thanks to my sister being a DJ and getting free tickets to basically everything) on November 1st for Freight Fest, and I'm seeing Rascal Flatts with my best friend Melissa on November 2nd, all the while working at the hotel in my hometown. It's going to be a lovely end of the month of October, and an even better start to November.

And on that note, I'm off to the Welcome Center to get something to drink, and to do some work up here in the office all the while pondering how to hang my stuff up in the apartment. Have a lovely long weekend and enjoy the gorgeous weather!

0 comments: