10.21.2008

Evening...commissioner

So much has been going on lately and it's kinda ridiculous! Friday my roommate and I went shopping at the Cambridgeside Galleria Mall in Lechmere for cute dresses for her birthday party the following night. We went to Macy's because they always seem to have a good selection, and we ended up finding the same dress in two different colors that we decided on. While this may sound silly, we were the hostesses so it made sense to us. When we went to check out, her dress came up to $69. which was how much the dress was, but mine came to $4.30. Weird, right? We never got a solid explination as to why there was a $65 difference besides the dresses being two different colors. As a birthday gift, I bought the dress for her.

Saturday was my roommates birthday party, and a few of her friends from home came in early to help us get ready with snacks and decorations. Around 30 people showed up throughout the night so it was a great turnout! We had the game on which was a lot of fun because people get really into the game and start yelling and screaming at the tv.

Sunday was a really hectic day for me. I had two exams on Monday: Data and Decision Analysis and Macroeconomics. I also had an outline due for my International Management class so I spent all day Sunday studying for my two exams and writing up my section of the outline about Kazakhstan. Most people have heard of that country from the movie Borat, but that movie really has that entire country wrong. I never really found that movie funny, but so many people rave about it. I've watched it once and tried to a second time, neither time resulting in any more of a reaction than "What am I watching?"

I think I did pretty decent in my Data and Decision Analysis exam. I don't think I really struggled with many problems. The bonus question, worth 5 points, I didn't do because I forgot how to deseasonalize data which I need to know to do the rest of the problem. Bummer.

The other 3 members of my group didn't turn in their section of the outline. I don't even want to spend more time complaining about my group, but I emailed my professor early Monday morning expressing my concerns to her, and when she looked at our outline, she saw I had completed my country but my other teammates had not. Needless to say she was not pleased and let it be known to the other 3.

My macro exam only lasted about 40 minutes which I was surprised about because I flew through it. There was only one problem I wasn't confident on which was 16 points, but I did my best to do as much as I could so I'm hoping for partial credit.

It was a very typical, very stressful, very upsetting Monday. Thank goodness it's over! Next up for me is finishing that dreaded outline with my group, formulating a homework assignment for the presentation, reading 3 chapters for a quiz tomorrow, and writing a short 2 page paper. Lucky me.

On a side note, my grandparents are coming to visit on Saturday! yay! They finally get to see where I live. My roommate and I are also going home that night because my family got a new golden retreiver puppy and my mom and stepdad will be at a Halloween party, and my sister will be in Florida, so I volunteered to sit home with Ruby (that's the dog's name although I don't know how I feel about it yet). So I'm going to have a swinging good time Saturday night with my roommate, my best friend Melissa, her boyfriend, and my friend Matty (aka the love of my life haha). We're going to order some food, watch a movie and babysit. I'll definitely be posting pictures of the little fluff ball.

0 comments: