9.30.2008

Holy End of September Batman

It's kinda crazy that today is the last day of September. It really feels like I just moved into my apartment and just started classes. I've already had my fair share of quizzes and exams, most of them I've done relatively well in, but I still can't believe that tomorrow is October.

I can never decide what my favorite season is. I don't really think I like Spring because it rains a lot and the weather is always damp and chilly. I like summer because it's always sunny and warm and there's plenty of time to lay out on the beach and get a tan. For the longest time I always felt that summer was my favorite season, but now I think it's changing. I love living in New England and seeing the leaves change colors and being able to wear jeans and sweaters, and it finally becomes acceptable to order a tall (small) non-fat (milk) with whipped (cream) hot chocolate (yum) from Starbucks :)

So usually I'm really positive about all things Boston and Suffolk, but for once I might need to complain just a small bit. Through Suffolk we use this system called Blackboard where we can get our assignments, grades, e-mail address for the students in our class, basically all things good. However, it wasn't all that good for me last week. I had to submit a homework assignment online using Digital Dropbox. Apparently my professor never got it, and sadly we got into an argument over it because I did it on time and submitted it, but he didn't believe me; thank you former students for destroying all trust professors have in their students. Eventually the professor did believe me and my homework was accepted without penalty. Technology is supposed to make things better, but I really don't think it's been perfected yet.

On top of that, for the same class, we all have to purchase My EconLab, a supplemental program, for $50. We need this to take three departmental quizzes, and to submit one homework assignment. The problem is this supplement comes with a brand new Economics book, so if you bought the book used, like my class did, we don't have it, or if you bought the book new and used it for Micro and you are now taking Macro, you still have to buy the supplement. Why do authors of books insist on trying to take every dollar away from you?

Most college students have very little money, especially when we live in apartments and have so much to pay for, so asking us for another $50 just really isn't an option sometimes. It's frustrating. That's it in terms of my complaining. I guess if that's the worst experience I have, then I really have it pretty good.

On another note, I'm doing a breast cancer walk on October 5th with fellow ambassador Kayla and I'm pretty excited about it. I haven't done a walk in years and I feel kinda bad about it, so I figured I'd start now and I'll probably do one yearly. Almost time for my tour! Yayy!

0 comments: